Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Easy way to clean a stove top

I don't know about you, but I don't like buying different cleaners for every different thing.... and beyond that I don't like having to fun out to the store to buy cleaner at the last minute.  I prefer finding ways to use things I already have around the house to clean.  Two of my favorite things are vinegar and baking soda.  They are the best products and it frustrates me that they sell baking soda in a little tiny box.... so I was super excited when I was looking in the food storage section at Wal Mart and they had a huge can of it :D

This is my stove after I've used just normal cleaner to wipe it down:

Anyways, I have found that these miracle workers do wonders on cleaning my stove (and my greasy oven window!)  I just sprinkle baking soda over the crusty areas, take some vinegar in a spray bottle and spray it on the baking soda, and watch the fuzziness clean my stove for me for a few minutes.  Then I take a Brillo pad, or similar scrubby thing, and scrub away.  The black comes off like magic!  And for those few hard to get marks a razor blade usually does the trick.


This is my stove after scrubbing with vinegar and baking soda!



No comments:

Post a Comment