Saturday, February 9, 2013

Easy Microwave Omelet

I love omelets. I think they are deliciously fluffy and flavorful, and I love that you can pretty much put whatever you want in them.  When I was in Seattle visiting my awesome Bro-and-Sis-in-law we went to a place featured on Man vs Food called Beth's Cafe .  DELICIOUSLY HUGE OMELETS! Loved them.

The problem with omelets is cooking them evenly.  I try to make them, but getting them cooked thoroughly without burning the bottom seems next to impossible.  I try to flip them, which just gets messy.  I usually end up with scrambled eggs with some cheese and veggies mixed in.  Still tastes good, but just isn't the same!

So, when I found this microwave omelet maker from Tupperware, I was super excited to give it a try.  I didn't have a lot on hand, but I did what I could.  I had some canadian bacon, green pepper, tomato, and cheese that I whisked in with the eggs, along with a touch of milk, onion flakes, and celery salt.  Ooooooh was it delicious!  All it needed was some REAL bacon!


The instructions told me to cook my omelet for about 2 minutes for 2 eggs... mine wasn't cooked all the way yet (my microwave is oooold) so I did 2 more minutes and it was perfect!  Yay for an easy way to a healthy breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment