Monday, March 25, 2013

Apple Salsa!

So, a few weeks ago I was hanging with some ladies eating salsa.  They started RAVING about using apples instead of tomatoes for their salsa.  I figured they were talking about some dessert salsa with cinnamon and sugar in it or something.  Well, last week we were hanging again and they started raving again.  It's not a dessert salsa they were raving about.... it was the actual tomato salsa recipe they had been using, but with apples instead (mango and peach are delish too I hear).  So, tonight I decided to give it a go.

At first, it was kinda weird.  I couldn't decide if I liked it or not, but after a few bites I was hooked!

My daughter loved it too.

All I did was chop up an onion in my Quick Chef Pro, then add 2 apples (cut with and apple slicer then chopped in the Quick Chef with the onion), add a little lime juice, cilantro, and about a teaspoon of Southwest Chipotle Seasoning, and voila!  You have apple salsa!


If you decide to try it let me know if you like it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment