Thursday, March 5, 2015

Saving TIME with THRIVE!

We are all looking for ways to save time in the Kitchen, am I right?  Between grocery shopping, washing produce, chopping produce, thawing meat, chopping meat and cleaning up the mess it can take hours to make a healthy meal for your family!  Who has time for that?!  No wonder obesity is a problem in our country!  I don't know about you, but I LOVE instant meals!  

I can just throw our favorite instant meals in a pot and 20 minutes later they are good to go!  A tasty, quick meal that doesn't dirty a lot of dishes!

Unfortunately, these quick meals are seriously lacking in the healthy department.  Not only do they contain LOADS or preservatives, but they very rarely contain vegetables and almost always contain way too many carbohydrates!

Let me tell you a little about Thrive foods.  This is freeze-dried food that is picked when the food is perfectly ripe and frozen at the peak of freshness to preserve nutrients!  Thrive foods contain more nutrients than even the fresh food you buy at the grocery store!  The only way to get more nutrients is to buy it straight from the farm and eat it that day!  Almost all of Thrive's food contains no artificial ingredients and it is almost all GMO free!  So, how is this going to save you time in the Kitchen?  There are a few ways.  First, let me tell you about the Q.

The Q is our subscription program.  You set your own budget (there is no minimum budget!  Whatever you are comfortable with!) and you add items to your queue (or shopping list).  Each month Thrive will automatically fill your cart with the items that you added to your queue up to your set budget. Then they will deliver it right to your door.  No need to go to the store!  I don't know about you, but when I go grocery shopping it takes me at least an hour to get there, find everything I need, deal with screaming kids, and get back home.  Then I still need to put it all away! It is so nice to be able to have Thrive deliver my food to my door and then just put it away in our handy Food Rotating System!

Ok ok, but does it really save time in the kitchen as well as the store?  YES!  It does!  The thing that takes me the longest when preparing a meal is the chopping (and the thawing if I am using frozen meat).  With Thrive, that is all done for you!  The meat (and might I say delicious meat) and veggies are already chopped up to the perfect size, all you have to do is rehydrate them!  If you are making something with a lot of moisture already, like a soup, you just throw them in the pot!  If you need to rehydrate first, just throw them in a jar with some water, shake it up, and let it sit for 10 minutes (usually less) and they are ready to go!  Here you have saved time chopping, and saved clean up time as well because you are not dirtying all of those knives and cutting boards! 

Finally, as I just mentioned, you are saved significantly in the clean up time!  When all you have to wash are the measuring cups and the pan compared to all of the different bowls, cutting boards, knives, etc., You can tell you are saving time.

But wait... here's the best part! Wait for it... Meals.... in... a.... JAR!!!!

I KNOW, brilliant, right?  You can prepare meals ahead of time, in a jar, and eat them later!  No need to worry if your freezer goes out because these can be stored at room temperature!  Just add water, throw, and go!  I make chicken salad in a jar and rice bowls in a jar for lunch all the time!  To find time to pre-make these meals, I just make them for dinner!  As I'm throwing everything into the pot, I just have a few jars set out and add the ingredients to the jars as I add them to my dinner!  No extra time, no extra clean up.  Easy as Pie!

See all the yummy stuff Thrive has to offer here!
To see some ideas for meals in a jar, check out my Pinterest board
How else do you save time in the kitchen?

No comments:

Post a Comment