Tuesday, August 7, 2012

No Spend Month: Week 1

So far so good!  It has been hard, but we have not spent a penny this month (besides bills at least)!  Meals have been difficult to come up with, but we have managed.  I have a feeling the end of the month will be even harder.  I'm going to be looking up recipes for things we have in our garden.  This week my mom invited us over for pizza once, and we eat at her house every Sunday, so we had 2 meals taken care of for us.  Other than that we have had some frozen soup we had on hand, tuna sandwiches, grilled cheese and tomato soup, turkey sandwiches, and our most creative meal: zucchini pizza.  I found the recipe on Pinterest and figured we'd try it since we had everything for it.




Boy was it delicious!  And my daughter, who for some reason refuses to eat zucchini in whatever form we give it to her besides bread, loved it!  This recipe is definitely a keeper!  The best part?  I think in a mini-version these would make the cutest hors d'Oeuvres for a get-together!  The recipe is right here so enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment