Friday, August 10, 2012

Proving Pinterest: Magic Eraser for the Toilet

Today's Proving Pinterest is a bummer... The advice I tried was that if you put a piece of Magic Eraser in the toilet and leave it over night it will get rid of the ring.  I only had a small, faded ring, but I have been scrubbing for a year and that thing won't go away!  Unfortunately, this did nothing for it either.  It may work for rings that are less stained, but not for mine.  I did find another toilet cleaning remedy that requires a bit more elbow grease that I will try soon and get back to you on...

On a happier note!  I woke up today and it was a gorgeous day!  This summer has been hot and miserable so far, which has made it hard to get motivated to get anything done.  Today was cloudy, with a little bit of rain and a nice breeze.  It was perfect!  I got up and had breakfast, then my daughter was wonderful and entertained her self while I cleaned the dining room, kitchen, and bathroom.  Then I made some zucchini bread and muffins and began my second attempt at Boiled Peanuts (have you tried them.... yum!) while she ate lunch.  All of this was before nap time!  I was astonished at what I could get done if I just did it instead of sitting there telling myself to be productive.  There is a lot more I want to get done, but It is all organizational stuff that I am still trying to figure out.  Some of this will probably have to wait until No Spend Month is over.

I have all sorts of ideas for what I want to do with my yard and house, and all sorts of things I need to buy in order to make those things happen.  So I am taking this opportunity of not spending money to shop anyway!  I am pricing all the things I would like to buy for the yard or the house so I can know if I see a good sale price and so I can budget appropriately for my projects.  This No Spend Month has been hard... and we are only 10 days in.... but It is already so worth it.

We just refinanced our house.  We thought we were going to have to bring about $800 to closing... well because of all sorts of reasons we ended up having to bring $1350.  That completely cleaned out our bank accounts and cash on hand (I think we have about $40 left), so the fact that we hadn't spent any money this month really saved us.  Next week we'll have money again, thank goodness, and we'll have a refund from our Escrow account coming soon so we'll be okay, but right now I am so thankful we decided to not spend any money this month!

Yesterday, as a throw together meal I made a stir-fry like my mom used to, and it was surprisingly good!  I just threw some vegetables that were left over from dinner the other night, and some hamburger, into some cooked beef flavored Top Ramen, then added the flavoring to all of it and it was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment